You can deploy Vector to an Amazon S3 bucket. This way you don’t need to provision a dedicated instance for hosting. Follow instructions listed below:
- On Amazon’s S3 console, select the S3 bucket you want to use to host Vector.
- Under “properties”, “Static Website Hosting”, select “Enable Website Hosting”.
- Take note of the S3 “endpoint”. This is the address you will type in your the browser.
- Download Vector distribution from Bintray: $ wget https://dl.bintray.com/netflixoss/downloads/1.1.0/vector.tar.gz
- Uncompress the distribution file: $ tar xvzf vector.tar.gz
- Upload the assets to the S3 bucket using s3cmd: $ s3cmd put –recursive * s3://S3-BUCKET/
- Open your browser and type in the S3 endpoint address.
S3 stores CSS files as binary octet-stream MIME-type instead of CSS. You need to change the CSS files MIME-type to text/css in order for the browser to draw the UI correctly. Go to the AWS S3 console and select files in the Vector styles folder: main-*.css and vendor-*.css. Change “Metadata”, “Key: Content-Type” to “Value: text/css”.