Apart from adding widgets to widget definitions for permanent use, widgets can be temporarily added to the dashboard using a simple GUI.
You can enable the GUI feature by changing the constant
true in the file
/src/app/config.js and rebuilding.
Once enabled follow these steps to add a custom widget with a metric on the dashboard.
- Open the Dashboard dropdown, and select Custom chart or Custom table under the Custom section. This will add a new chart panel to your dash.
- Click the cog icon to open the settings panel for the widget.
Note: If you refresh, your custom widget will be present but you will need to reconfigure it.
- In the field Select Metric, type the name of the metric and press return.
- Select from the following options to customise the view:
** Stacked Area - is the chart an area or line chart. (This is ignored for a table).
** Cumulative - is the data source cumulative over time (such as total bytes written) or non-cumulative (such as load average).
** Format - customise the Y axis formatting. (This is ignored for a table).
- Once all the options are set as needed, click on OK button to start collecting data.